The 2015 ICS Cyber Security Conference will be October 26-29 at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center in Atlanta (www.icscybersecurityconference.com ). This will be the 15th in a series that began in 2002. Because the Conference focuses on timely ICS cyber security issues, the agenda is now being finalized.
The Conference will have some new twists, but will also stay true to its roots - ICS cyber security and what makes ICS cyber security different. Specifically, there will be:
- Keynote by Philip D. Quade, Chief of the NSA Cyber Task Force and Special Assistant to the Director of the National Security Agency.
- Discussions by control system engineers of actual field experience (people talk about information sharing – this is it)
- A session devoted to safety (reliability and safety are THE reasons to care about ICS cyber security),
- A breakdown of the 700+ ACTUAL ICS cyber incidents to date (yes it is real)
- What should vendors include ICS cyber security in new plants or plant upgrades (security is not automatically included yet)
- Full day of training and workshops (included)
- Live Attack Demonstration of Cyberattacks on a Utility from A Hacker’s Perspective
- Many more technical sessions and actionable information that can be leveraged to better protect your organization
As the longest-running cyber security-focused conference for the industrial control systems sector, the event will cater to the energy, utility, chemical, transportation, manufacturing, and other industrial and critical infrastructure organizations. Produced by SecurityWeek, the conference will address topics covering ICSs, including protection for SCADA systems, plant control systems, engineering workstations, substation equipment, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and other field control system devices.
Registration is available online at: http://www.icscybersecurityconference.com/
I hope to see you in Atlanta!