Another post for the Newbies, this isn't ground-breaking news, but it is something you ought to be doing :
Most every IT pro has heard of and (hopefully) tried MBSA at some point, but here's a reminder for those who haven't revisted it in a while, and a step by step how to for anyone new to this tool.
This is EASY to use and everyone should check their systems against this tool from time to time.
- Download the tool.
- Install it. (Double click the exe file you just downloaded.)
- Go to Start|All Programs|Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.1
- Choose if you want to scan one computer or multiple computers.
- Fill in what computer(s) you want to test (you must be administrator on them)
- Click Start Scan
- Sit back and drink your coffee.